The 2 reviews bring up some thought provoking observations in the book.
- Arabs are occupied with the idea of a single style. Everyone dresses similarly, for instance. What this costs is individuality, and eventually the notion of privacy.
- Society takes prominence over the individual. Sense of individual responsibility vanishes. This can be seen in the way public property is treated. Parks, Roads & such.
- Rulers are unquestioned, whether it is the head of family or state. Hence rulers tenures are normally life-long.
- Why the Japanese don't hate America.
- Need for domestic & External criticism. And self-criticism