- Spurt in (requests for) metered connections.
- Large scale tampering of meters.
- Households monitoring their water consumption closely, and stopping each month and just below 20KL. They would then depend on alternative sources for their remaining consumption. This could be water tankers, or bore-wells (don't know if they exist in Delhi).
- Connections which currently use well below 20KL per month, could start selling their surplus free water in the black market.
- Large number of complaints about faulty meters.
- Increased number of outages and disruptions in water supply. Delays in fixing them.
PS: Just had a look at my water bill. It must be a really large household to reach even close to 20KL per month.